Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2012 10:46:32 AM EDT
I will be the first to say I may have the worst timing of anybody I know. Last month I saw on ad for some Spike's lowers for sale semi-locally and decided to build my first AR. I got up with the vendor and picked up 2 lowers. I wanted to build a mock dissipator on one of them. I bought the Magpul LPK from PSA when they had them on sale during their AR15 Days of Christmas sale. After I ordered the LPK all of the panic set in. I was afraid my build was going to be put on hold for a while. While I was looking around I found some Spike's complete uppers for sale. I figured for the price I may as well pick up a complete upper. My upper came in pretty quick, but the LPK was slow to get here. In the meantime I ordered a YHM Lightweight Freefloat Handguard in rifle length for the dissipator look. I also got a low pro gas block. The gas block came in a few days ago but was a hair too tight for my barrel. The LPK came in yesterday and I assembled my lower. I took my gas block this morning and honed it out to fit. As soon as I got home from fixing my gas block, my handguard arrived. I finished her up this morning. Here is what it looks like. I am still waiting on my iron sights to get here, then all I need is some ammo and optics and I will be good to go.

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o417/josh_watts39191/2012-12-28133252_zps1d603f41.jpg
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top