Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:05:23 PM EDT
My first build had it's cherry broke today :-)  It's a M-4 clone with the following parts ...

LCW lower and parts kit
LMT 16" 5.56mm 1/7 twist flattop carbine barrel with standard handguards and front sight
LMT enhanced bolt and carrier group
M-4 6-pos stock
Troy BUIS
Tacpoint dot sight
Brownells 20 and 30rd mags

Took it out today to run some UMC through it ... what lot of fun!  Only a couple ftfs and double feeds with the 20 round mags.  As I put more rounds through it, the smoother it ran.  The Tacpoint had a couple for times where the light went out due to recoil, but after playing around with the batteries and spring, it stayed on.

My son had a hoot firing it too ... although he's been partial to my FAL in the past for fun shooting.

Next time I'm going to be a little more serious about sighting it in at a 100yrd range.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations, Nails!

Nothing quite like send lead downrange from a rig you put together yourself. Not surprised it went well, with a parts list like that.

.............and your boy gets one of those big "wow, Dad's gun is awesome" grins.

Great post!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics pics pics
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
yea where's the pics!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top