Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 4:32:37 PM EDT
Anybody notice this? after about 300 rounds I cleaned her and noticed that it's a little rough on the outside of the flange, most likely from rubbing on the hammer while the action cycles. Anybody else  noticed this? (I dunno if this is normal because this carrier isn't a shrouded type and all the other ones I have are)

My pistol and rifle are merely TOOLS, I'M the weapon
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
this seems to be a busy topic today!

Check this thread if t\you haven't already...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=218326

any help?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Kinda, but mine looks nothing like that. There's no undue wear on the hammer of carrier, and the wear on the flange is akin to what could be created with rough emery paper. I'll leave it as is and just  monitor it for awhile I guess. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a ramped carrier it is normal. It all depends on the amount of ramp and it varies from manuf too manuf. The peening is from the hammer riding on the exposed collar portion as it is being cocked.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I figured it was from tangeant, I just aint never owned a ramped carrier before so I was wondering if this was a sign of the start of a possible problem. Guess not eh?

Thanks guys.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top