Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:51:51 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I used to be a member up here a couple of years ago, but haven't been here in quite awhile due to getting married, new house, etc. Hence, the reason for getting a new Username.

Anyway, I live in North Carolina. Now, I'm curious how hard it's going to be to actually find a dealer to sell what was "preban" yesterday. I've spoken to several dealers and none of them are willing to sell anything yet. They have all told me that they will not sell until they recieve a letter from the BATF outlining what is OK to sell. Apparently, they are afraid there is going to be a hitch to the ban being dropped. What a silly notion at this point.

Do any of you guys live near NC who can point me to a dealer who will sell/order what we've been calling preban for the past 10 years?? I've saved $100/month since the initial ban was enacted waiting for today.

I've got $10,000 burning a hold in my pocket...waiting to feel 1993 all over again.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Chris Smith,
Greenville, NC
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got $10,000 burning a hold in my pocket...waiting to feel 1993 all over again.

Heck, with $10K, you need to buy an M16, not a full-feature AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL...yeah, probably so. My local Sherriff won't sign off to allow full auto in my county.

I'm planning on buying quite a bit more than "just ONE Ar-15." But, I need to find a dealer in NC, or atleast close to NC who will actually sell the M4 upper, FH, etc. I've already recieve my VLTOR clubfoot stock.

I just need a dealer for the M4 upper, etc.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Adco, Armalite, Bushmaster, Eagle Firearms, Legal Transfers, and G&R Tactical will all serve you well!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I would definitely invest that money into a M-16....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately buy a M16, or at least a RLL or RDIAS...

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey guys,

I used to be a member up here a couple of years ago, but haven't been here in quite awhile due to getting married, new house, etc. Hence, the reason for getting a new Username.

Anyway, I live in North Carolina. Now, I'm curious how hard it's going to be to actually find a dealer to sell what was "preban" yesterday. I've spoken to several dealers and none of them are willing to sell anything yet. They have all told me that they will not sell until they recieve a letter from the BATF outlining what is OK to sell. Apparently, they are afraid there is going to be a hitch to the ban being dropped. What a silly notion at this point.

Do any of you guys live near NC who can point me to a dealer who will sell/order what we've been calling preban for the past 10 years?? I've saved $100/month since the initial ban was enacted waiting for today.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Chris Smith,
Greenville, NC

As to your original question, the 'letter' is on www.atf.gov

Ban-is-Dead official ATF Announcement:
www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.htm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top