Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:12:05 AM EDT
I wrestled around with a staggered feed action for awhile, never did get totally acceptable results without receiver modifications.

The centerfeed action is another story.  

No receiver modifications whatsoever.

Makes for a little handier Indiana "Pistol Caliber Rifle" as a reliable repeater.

A short video of it running - three in the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsYyfQrzo2I
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to have  a 458 S bolt action, anymore details on the rifle?  .308 bolt face?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Standard .473" bolt face, originally was a 22-250 that I picked up at Cabela's on sale.  Factory laminated stock, opened up the barrel inletting to the factory varmint taper.

Faced .004" off the front receiver ring to true it up, both receiver lugs were square to less than .0005", lightly lapped the lugs, took a facing cut on the bolt face and the front of the bolt lugs.

Currently the 1/18 twist McGowen barrel is at 20".  Haven't decided if I'm going to stick with the laminate or drop it in a McMillan I've got laying here.  Finished barrel length will depend on which stock I choose, the balance point is considerably different.

New England Custom Gun banded front sight and a quick detachable rear on Talley QD bases as soon as I've decided which way to go with it.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top