Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 11:57:04 AM EDT
So my BCM middy, with Denny super duty BCG, BCM buffer assembly, and BCM/HK/D&H magazines, does not want to feed the first round. Ammunition is Q3131A1. I let go of the charging handle and it moves the round from its seating in the magazine about 1/8" - 1/4" and stops. A subsequent racking will do the job. All feeding that happens after firing appears to be flawless.

I haven't ever had this problem. But these magazines function fine in my other rifles. I swapped out the BCG for an RRA made BCG and it still happens.

Has Bravo ever had issues with a weak buffer spring?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

A full mag will have enough room in the mag for just about an extra round when loaded correctly.

If you have anti tilt carriers, and are packing the mag beyond tight (read trying to stuff 30 rounds in such), then the problem is not out of the norm.

These mags all functioned fine in other rifles.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Try loading 29 rounds see if that helps
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top