Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:40:29 AM EDT
I did a search but couldnt find numbers for chromelined, 20" barrels. By any chance, has someone made MV tests with this ammunition? Possibly even with a 1:9" or 1:7" twist rifle?

Regards and thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Matt

Don't have a chrono (hmmm, that's an idea, will drop a hint to my son about what he can get me for Christmas!)

Link to Federal's ballistics info, check out FAE loads. I believe all info from a 24" barrel (standard for SAAMI tests), so deduct about 120 fps (approx 30 fps per inch of barrel length) for a 20".

http://www.federalpremium.com/default.asp?pg=27&firearm=1

Joe
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the hint, although I am aware of this rule of thumb method. It really bugs me that I dont find "hard numbers" on some ammos, and the 62gr AE is one of them .

Thanks anyway!!

Regards!
Matt

P.S.
chrono as a xmas present huh ?? good idea.. only need to find someone getting it for me
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I got an avg velocity of 2861fps out of my Colt 20in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks 5pins!

Regards,
Matt
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top