Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2003 5:41:23 AM EDT
Im all set to break in my SPR and I hear some gouge that you shouldn't fire Federal Gold Medal Match ammo in a Krieger Barrel. Something about the brass being too soft. Is this a bunch of crap or legit?

The barrel is a SS Krieger with the 1:7.75 twist or something like that. The ammo I purchased was the heavier 69 grain BTHP Federal Gold Medal Match.

I know Knight's recommended shooting the Federal. Most barrel manufacturers say stay away from molly during break in. What do you guys think??

I have spared no expense with this rifle and want to do everything right. Will the 69 grain Federal be ok for breakin, zeroing and shooting in the Krieger?

Thanks, DD out!!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
MOLLY may only confuse things especially when just getting acquainted.   btw -  where, how much, from where....? I am interested in a sr-15 match also. Whats the deal with buying one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the responses gents. I don't plan on reloading the brass so I should be good to go.

Alan 308..e-mail inbound.

Thanks, DD out!!  [sniper]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top