Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 7:12:56 PM EDT
How much muzzle flash is there with the fake flash suppressors compared to preban flash suppressors shooting a 16" barrel?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
My M4 puts out quite an impressive muzzle flash with the Mini-Y compensator on it.  I don't think there are any FS qualities to that thing, but then again, that's not what you asked about.  My 20" with a fake FS seems to do much better, but there is an extra 5.5" of barrel on there, and it may be that it's the barrel and not the fake FS that is making the flash less noticable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Edge, just wondering how they would compare.  Any thoughts on a FFS vs. Tac Brake on a postban in terms of muzzle flash?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Give the Wilson Tac Brake a try. I've tried it at night side by side with an A2FS and it isn't that far behind in amount of flash. It's a HUGE improvement over a plain muzzle or a Y-Comp! As always, ammo selection is paramount in reguard to amount of flash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly I dont like the mini-y comp.  its fugly. just my  $.02

I think its cool to see the ball of fire come out the end so I have no comps no hiders on my bushie!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top