Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2003 5:16:20 PM EDT
I realize that I have to remove the front A2 sight and the y comp.  Does anyone have experience with such removal.  How does BM attatch the brake?  Any suggestions on how to remove it?  BTW I'm installing a Clark Custom carbon fiber hand guard.  I have heard good things about them.  Light, strong, and cooler than aluminum.  Thanks for the help in Adv.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
How long is your barrel? Call Bushmaster. I wanted to install floating handguards on my XM15E2S M4 type with 14.5" barrel and mini-ycomp. I had the handguards picked out and I was ready to order online. I decided to call Bushmaster to ask them what would be the best way to remove my front sight riser(required to install the floating handgaurds I selected. They told me that the mini-comps and other muzzle breaks are welded (no just pinned) to 14.5" barrel to meet regulation and that removing the welded my comp would probably damage the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]
send it to Kurt at Kurts custom firearms,he takes miniYs off everyday.The only place they weld them is over the pins.Have him remove your brake then install your handguard then install one of his slick tacbreaks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top