Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 10:27:48 AM EDT
I am removing the barrel from my Bushmaster vMatch (carbine) upper.  The vMatch has a factory-installed aluminum float tube handguard.

The gas tube has to be removed to get the handguard off, but I can't get a decent grip on the tube to pull it out of the FSB with the handguard in place.

Any suggestions, and can anyone point me to general instructions for float-tube removal?  I thought there was an article on the MD AR site, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,
SC
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
if you can not get the gas tube out , undo the set screws on the gas block you can move the gas block back and forth  and pull the whole thing out gas block and gas tube  just don't twist the thing and bend the heck out of the gas tube Bushmaster likes lock tight so a strap wrench, cardbord  and heat and you should be able to unscrew it  with the reciever in a block  my email is  [email protected]  if you need any more help  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top