Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 3:51:37 PM EDT
Got a new AR coming and plan on swapping out the stock and grip to Magpul MOE grip and CTR stock.  Go with FDE or get them in black?  Any pics would help, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Get both! You might get tired of one over the other lol

My first build was an all black SBR. The next will probably be a FDE build.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
here's my M&P15-22 with FDE CTR Stock and MOE grip.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
FDE, black is cool but color gives it more character and individuality. Black is great for military type uniformity, FDE or other colors say this is my gun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
FDE is out of style. OD is back in. You didn't get the memo???
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been on the fence on this. One of my Ar's has fde: Magpul CTR stock, Moe+ grip, Rail vert grip, Surefire G2x, and Lancer L5 mags (have plenty of black pmags). Yes it does break up the look a bit. But I think "all" fde Ar's look better. As in the receiver and lower painted as well. now it is all personal preference and beauty in the eye of the beholder type of thing. I just think you have to hit the right combo. That is for the people who even care what their rifle looks like, many don't. And I can understand that. But some people do things for aesthetics as well.  I think with FDe you have to go all in and not just add one or two things.

My WW SRC:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/Markc1016/guns/IMG_2435_zpsf99fde72.jpg

My S&W 15-22 with some added FDE:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/Markc1016/001-1_zpscb0e16ba.jpg

I am to the point now that I don't care about color and aesthetics much. I did most of that when they were new. Now I just want function. And if someone donated to me parts that functioned better for me, I would rock them regardless of color or if it matched. If I buy things lately I just go basic black if spending my own $.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Hunter brown if it fits your area.

http://damageusa.com/product/enhanced-combat-system-furniture-kit

ETA Mine's OD because I did get the memo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Mix and match...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hunter brown if it fits your area.

http://damageusa.com/product/enhanced-combat-system-furniture-kit

ETA Mine's OD because I did get the memo.
View Quote

Lot of cash for what you get. but I do think OD or Foliage green is a much more usable color for my area. And it looks better imho. But it is up to the end user on what he/she likes and thinks looks good. That is if looks are important.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently dressed up an AR in FDE. For some reason it looks really light in this pic.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer FDE because it does a great job of breaking up the rifles profile over just straight black. To me, an all black rifle , sticks out like a sore thumb.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I started out with black....changed to OD Green.....Finally ended up with FDE.  
I recently changed the color fill to FDE also.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#12]

I should probably delete this as it is an AR discussion.......oh well, I like a few things to be FDE.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Now I feel like I cloned miketroyer.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top