Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2003 3:23:29 PM EDT
I'm having extraction problems with my ar-15 and I was wondering if someone could recommend a good site to order a extractor spring and maybe a black insert.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Fulton Armory.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/

But before getting the spring, try placing an Armforte D-fender (D-ring) around your existing spring (I'm not certain of your problem, but if you're having a failure to extract, this may be a solution). You can fabricate your own D-ring substitutes, too.

Of course, the spring is not expensive.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.gunsprings.com[/url]

That's Wolff Gunsprings, and they make a heavy duty job that duplicates what Colt puts on the new pieces.

Don't know if they've changed their note about using the black inserts yet. They used to say it required the black ones, BUT THAT IS TOTALLY INCORRECT.  The black inserts are exactly the same as the blue ones. Colt packs inserts w/it's replacement springs for the armed forces, and they went to black only to identify the new springs for unit armorers.

Several of us e mailed Wolff about the error last year, and they promised to redo the note on the listing for the springs, but I don't know if they have yet.

Get the springs. They're cheap, they work, and it's what the manufacturer did to fix the ejection problems on the M4s. They did NOT go to add on washers, and I don't recommend that you do either. Yes, I know that the D Fenders work, but it's just a patchwork fix.[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top