Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2004 3:56:33 PM EDT
I am in the process of installing my new Wolff Extractor spring and I have a question.  When I removed the old spring from the extractor, I never took ontice of which end the extractor insert went on.

Here is what I can tell now.  First, the extractor insert is, as you all know, shaped like a "T".  Second, only one end of the extractor spring fits into the hole in the extractor where it goes.

So with those two pieces of info in hand, what end of the extractor does the insert go and what end goes into the hole for the spring ON THE EXTRACTOR (the bigger or smaller end)?

Thanks guys!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, the insert is NOT T shaped when new. They do tend to get that way after being in use for awhile, but it doesn't matter which way you insert it.  Just squeeze the T part down w/your fingers and it will fit in either way.

Second, the wide end of the spring goes into the cutout on the extractor.  I know it doesn't appear that it will fit, but if you rotate it a bit as you're  aqueezing it in, it'll fit. And the wide bottom will keep it in when you remove it for occasional cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First of all, the insert is NOT T shaped when new. They do tend to get that way after being in use for awhile, but it doesn't matter which way you insert it.  Just squeeze the T part down w/your fingers and it will fit in either way.

Second, the wide end of the spring goes into the cutout on the extractor.  I know it doesn't appear that it will fit, but if you rotate it a bit as you're  aqueezing it in, it'll fit. And the wide bottom will keep it in when you remove it for occasional cleaning.

Thanks.

New-arguy helped me out via AIM late last night and he said almost exactly what you said.  

Moral of the story is that I got it in.  

Thanks anyway!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top