Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:42:41 PM EDT
 I decided to install a "Perma Pin",a titanium firing pin,and a "Defender". Figured I might as well do all the bolt group mods at one time.But I need two more items......extractor/extractor spring

Doesn't somebody make an ENHANCED extractor and extractor spring?I thought I read somewhere that there are heavy duty upgraded ones.

Appreciate any advice.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Wolff extra power extractor springs in all my rifles.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolff spring, standard firing pin and retaining pin - no O-ring here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Mongo,
 You use the standard firing pin and retaining pin...did you have trouble with the perma pin and titanium f-pins? Or are you just satisfied with standard components?

Also,doesn't somebody make a fancy enhanced extractor?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
TJ,

What do you expect to gain with your Ti firing pin?  I've never heard anything good long term about them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mongo,
 You use the standard firing pin and retaining pin...did you have trouble with the perma pin and titanium f-pins? Or are you just satisfied with standard components?

Also,doesn't somebody make a fancy enhanced extractor?

Ive had a titanium pins head break off once, never used another since. I believe the standard chrome pins are the best, never had one break yet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hey mongo, ive read only good about those wolff springs. Would you know who I could order one from? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wolff Springs
www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html
JR

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
My buddy has a 11.5" Bushy that he had nothing but FTE's with. I picked up a crane o -ring from Adco for him and the problem is gone. I'm sure the spring would do the same and probably last longer but for a buck the o ring works great.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagola!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top