Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:19:16 AM EDT
Got my lower assembled and had an extra spring. No biggie, must be a spare. Lets just say I was very surprised when I pulled the trigger to test fire the rifle. Just a note to others, there are no spare parts in a LPK, use everything.......LOL  I failed to install the disconnect spring, SURPRISE! Got it put together correctly and it runs like a champ now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds did you fire before you got off the trigger, and did you
have to change your skivvies after it happened?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Am in the process of my first build for my first AR...

By the way, what happened upon the test fire without the spring?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If I recall correctly I forgot the disconnector spring in my first lower build. All it did was make my rifle a single shot gun.

charge, fire round goes off, next pull click nothing happened. Took me forever to figure out the problem and find that spring was missing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Am in the process of my first build for my first AR...

By the way, what happened upon the test fire without the spring?

It fired until I took my finger off the trigger, but wouldn't fire again after releasing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah, I swapped out a trigger group and got the spring in upside down.  It would double tap and then misfeed.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go FA until you let off the trigger.  

DO NOT try this and then try to pull the ignorance card at the range!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
yeah, I swapped out a trigger group and got the spring in upside down.  It would double tap and then misfeed.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go FA until you let off the trigger.  

DO NOT try this and then try to pull the ignorance card at the range!

LOL.....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top