Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 8:02:21 PM EDT
I put an EOTech 552 on my Giffman middy. It currently has the DD 9.0 installed. I removed the EO for cleaning, and noticed marring of the finish of the round part of the DD, and bare metal on the bottom of the corresponding side of the EO. I am currently using a Larue BUIS, so the EO sits forward and hangs off the receiver (screw sits in T9).  Any problems with this touching? It seems to retain zero upon removal, and was good enough in shooting.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone post comparison photos of the "new" DD ring next to the older style?  I have no idea which one I have.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Out of curiosity, when/where did you get that DD rail?

In the Giffman group buy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
My RRA upper with a 9.0 DD rail is about three months old.  I cannot mount the EOTech too far forward and hang over the end of the flattop.  The locking nut seems to be too large for the EOTech to fit.

I now have an Aimpoint on the rifle now.  Installed the EOTech on another upper with a YHM M/L quad rail and it fits perfect.  I have said before here, the YHM quad rail is one well machined forearm and is well worth the money.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a RRA mid-length w/factory installed DD 9.0 rail.  4 months old.  My Eotech 552  w/Larue  mount, will straddle between the receiver and the DD just fine. No problems
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a RRA mid-length w/factory installed DD 9.0 rail.  4 months old.  My Eotech 552  w/Larue  mount, will straddle between the receiver and the DD just fine. No problems

Dammit. So i guess it's switch to an Aimpoint or get the Larue mount
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top