Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT
Whats the best way to sight in my eotech?  I was gonna line the buis up at 25 yards and move the dot to bullseye then shoot and go from there.. is there any other easier methods and best methods for doing this?? also will a 25 yard sight in be accurate at 100yrds and so on? thanks for any help.. waiting for info then off to the range..
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have my EOTech 512 mounted on a Rock River Dominator rail so you're setup may be different.  I just put the EOTech on the gun and figured "what the heck" and shot a few rounds at 50yds.  I was consistently about 2" right and 3" high.  I then started adjusting the EOTech with until I got the rounds to hit where the dot was.  I then backed up to 100yds to fine tune my zero.  Keep in mind that if you zero at 50yds, you'll be about 1.5" high at 100yds.  In the same way, if you zero at 25yds then you'll be high at 50yds and 100yds since the bullet rises out that far before it begins to drop.  Then, theoretically, you'll be back on zero at 200yds, although I have trouble keeping all the rounds in a 12" circle at 200yds.  As you probably know, the EOTech is a close quarters combat sight and does not magnify at all.  IMHO, getting a true zero at 50yds is the way to go.  That will put you close at 100 and 200 (if you're eyes will reach that far).
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
my LMT plus 551 eotech is zero at 50 yards!

BUIS ARMS 40 with HORIZON notch is zero at 25M! dought I will ever use it
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Click HERE for a printable eotech sight-in target with instructions for both 20" and 16" barrels.  25M instructions to set your rifle/carbines 300M BSZ

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
A better zero is 50/200. On at 50 and 200. That keeps you within 3.5 inches or so out to 250. A 300m zero puts your POI something like 7 inches higher than POA at 150m.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top