Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:10:47 AM EDT
My (512)EoTech has a battery problem. Twice the batteries have leaked/swelled/rusted.
They weren't in that long for them to go bad. It will not keep batteries in it when its not
in use any more.
I've cleaned it up , and it works, but I can't leave it ready to go.
Anyone else have a similar problem?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What brand/type of batteries are you using?
Where do you store the rifle/Eotech?
Alkalines don't do well in exposed environments.  You might want to try lithium AA's.  They're more resistant against the elements.  They also last much longer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, this sounds like a bad batch of batteries.

BTW I've had Energizers go bad on me twice - once in a PDA and once in my electronic thermostat. I made them pay for the thermostat but didn't save the batteries from the PDA.

Now I only use Duracells... The only Energizers I will use/stockpile are Lithiums.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
They were Energizers. The rifle stays in the gun safe when not in use. Also the batteries are in a
sealed area(battery compartment of the EoTech). I have batteries in a number of things,
and they dont go bad that quick.
The first time I it cleaned with baking soda. This time I took  apart the Battery contacts,
and cleaned with more baking soda.
Something to keep an eye on, and batteries out when not in use.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
+1  For Lithium Energizers
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got lithiums in my 512, not only because of their longer life (1,000 hours) but their 10 year shelf life.  If they'll retain their charge for 10 years, they shouldn't leak like alkalines, right?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top