Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2020 9:08:32 AM EDT
Hello Folks,

I have a small issue with my Eotech which does not fit on my upper receiver but does on my handguard..
I'm totally new into Guns and Sights, so I wanted to ask the experts

Does it give me a disadvantage to have my sight on the handguard(Which would make kinda sense to me..) and if so, does anybody know how i could get my EOTech fit on to my upper?
The width of the upper and the handguard are identical, it looks more like that the upper picatinny rail is a bit more fat/taller.

Thanks already for the answers!

Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
On the opposite side of the EoTech, there is a flat head screw, turning it right will make it fit tigher, turning it left will make it fit loser - turn it left one full turn and try it
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
You can adjust your mount tension via the screw opposite the lever

Brownells - EoTech - EXPS Mounting

Rails can vary slightly between guns.

Mount it on your upper not the handguard.  Depending on the type of handguard it may not hold zero.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies,

I screwed it out to the fullest which is possible and it still does not fit on.. It looks like it just misses 1mm of space to fit over the corner and it would be perfect but sadly i can't get it over..

https://imgur.com/a/meq5FgW

Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like an out of spec upper... What brand/manuf is it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't see your pictures. How are you trying to post them?

You should be unlatching it the QD lever and rocking  from a side  onn to the rail than clamp down the lever. There shouldn't be any issues with it fitting if its a standard 1913 rail

What gun are you mounting it on?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Did try to add the pictures with Imgur since the forum has no option to directly upload them..

Hopefully you can see the pictures with this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8b00l630tv5nafo/AAD1UO6CqonGo7yUFxN6hEwYa?dl=0

It's an AR15 from Astra Arms: http://www.astra-arms.ch/stg4-mkiii-rk/rk-commando-105quot-5
In the description it says that the upper is the following:
Upper Receiver
7075-T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Integrated Picatinny Rail

I'm not sure if this one fits the specs for an EOTech.. The manufacture said that other customers never had a problem with EOTechs
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you’re attaching the fixed side first with the optic at an angle, then rocking it on to the rail as posted above. If you’re trying to just drop it straight on it won’t fit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did try to add the pictures with Imgur since the forum has no option to directly upload them..

Hopefully you can see the pictures with this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8b00l630tv5nafo/AAD1UO6CqonGo7yUFxN6hEwYa?dl=0

It's an AR15 from Astra Arms: http://www.astra-arms.ch/stg4-mkiii-rk/rk-commando-105quot-5
In the description it says that the upper is the following:
Upper Receiver
7075-T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Integrated Picatinny Rail

I'm not sure if this one fits the specs for an EOTech.. The manufacture said that other customers never had a problem with EOTechs
View Quote
Yeah, something is out of spec.  Picatinny/MIL-STD-1913 is a standard and has an acceptable spec/tolerance range.  If something isn’t fitting, something is out of whack.

With the optic mounted to the handguard, theoretically you could see a zero shift with pressure exerted on the handguard, as they all deflect at least somewhat away from an at rest “baseline” when weight is applied.  Realistically it probably won’t amount to much with how close to the rail mounting interface the optic is (there’ll be more deflection the farther away you get from that point).

If it were me, I’d be taking some of my own measurements and sending whatever was out of spec back for replacement as things shouldn’t be that way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Tagged
For the fun of it
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The Manufacturer offered me to send the upper together with the sight to them, so they can check what's going wrong, will do this next week and hopefully i can test the EOTech finally.. :D

But thanks a lot for the Info's folks! Much appreciated
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top