Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 3:05:29 PM EDT
Well not really a problem, just a change.  I have a LE Bushmaster tele-stock carbine.  I got a little tired of the tele-stock and had our armorer from work to put on the std. A-2 stock with it's buffer and tube.  With the tele-stock, the spent brass was thrown about 10-15 feet.  Now with the new stock it just barely falls out.  I had my first, and so far, only failure to feed the other day.  The new buffer is much larger than the one on the tele-stock.

Any comments, recommendations?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the A2 stock come with it's own full size buffer spring?

(edited for clarity)

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, sure did.  I will probably call BM tomorrow and ask about this.  I wonder if it would hurt to use the buffer from the tele?  BTW, this was a slightly used stock.  If it were from an M-16, would that make a difference?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
A carbine buffer would cause the spring to go solid in a full length buffer tube (I figure) as well as let the gas key impact the rear of the upper. Not good.

Are there any brass marks near the rear of the actual ejection port - in front of the brass deflector? Any brass marks on the handguard slip ring (delta ring)?

I have a carbine that overfunctions and throws brass forward. If it hits the rear of the ejection port just right it looks like the brass is barely making it out of the rifle.

specs for telestock buffer spring: between 10 1/16" - 11 1/4"

specs for A1 & A2 buffer spring: between 11 3/4" - 13 1/2"
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Use only a full size buffer and spring with full size stock,,,,use carbine buffer and spring in the short carbine buffer tube.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top