I thought some of you might find this useful and/or interesting. The Eagle was purchased from Quantico Arms in 1/04, the PWA purchased from member DDMAO today. Both are forged. The PWA is slightly blacker. Both are very nicely machined, possibly by LMT, but with some interesting differences. White markings are from a lacquer stik - any variations in finish color are due to overrun or gun oil reflection; the finish on both is very even and dark.
I am happy with both of them and can't wait to build them up. Both have very .mil markings and the PWA has a retro-cool factor.
Note: I am not a subject matter expert on the AR15; what I know I got here and by osmosis from Tweak. Enjoy.
1. Both receivers, port.
2.Receivers, starboard. Eagle/Armalite can be ID'd by presence of 'weep hole' for pivot pin retainer spring in mag fence.
3.Top. PWA above.
6. A little roughness on the Eagle! (Note that the PWA has some visible milling marks on the 'tang' for the pistol grip, and internally, which I did not photograph. I may do it later.)
7. Eagle again. Note presence of forging seam, seems characteristic of the Eagle all over (also in trigger area).
8. PWA. Forging seam cleaned off more neatly.
9. Mag wells. The Eagle, below, is a little more rounded here. The PWA, top, has a very clean bevel, though. Both are evenly broached/milled - camera angle, oil and light makes the Eagle look a little lopsided.
10. Eagle, note forge seam again.
11. PWA, this area was more cleanly milled off, with some faint tool marks present.
12. Eagle on the left. Note the difference in finishing here. E. is flat, PWA has a divot. Not sure which is 'correct'. Both will work.
Thank you for the very nice comparison.
Heh, I had the digital - Canon PowerShot A60 from Wally World, fairly cheap, but has macro capability (eg. if I had taken more time I could have taken really good closeups).
I got a new PWA receiver instead ;)