Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 8:13:09 PM EDT
I have not handled any of these, but would like to know what your preferences were, and why.  They all read pretty much the same, I was about to order a Galati, but decided to wait on some feed back.  For my M4gery, w/ AIMPOINT.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Eagle,  I have both Eagle 41" and Galati 41", I like the Eagle best, And it is made in The United States
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
For carbines under 35 3/4" I recomend the Pelican Model 1700 hard case. Its a fully water proof and shock resisitant. They are lockable and used by many elite millitary units. For soft case you can't go wrong with BlackHawk.

JIM
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Eagles are the best - but the most expensive.

Galati is a good 'budget' rifle case (I have 2).  Well made and they offer good protection for the rifle.  They used to be a better bargain (I noticed their prices are up) but still they are competative.  One is about 7 years old (rifle size), the other (carbine size) is 4 years old. Their use is to transport my rifles to/from the range or classes.  Never had a problem.

BlackHawk's case is overpriced IMHO.

P.S. Here is a picture of my 'newer' Galati case (with the gear I used at PFDC's Carbine II class).
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgDPAuAaUqM*nmzJZV10dW1owDcORq61jRBbsYHNjKQeFxDj9r0Cm7lJu4q6y0Lusr57eGerfxix3rotWHEI7ooMKLfKxlqZiVAs!7tZm!A1M19ZWHY9o9fCGXeJmg1g/Gear02a.jpg?dc=4675434046255361357[/img]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Forget Galati, purchased 2 of their cases and one fell apart within a year and a half.  No hard use on my part, just trasportation to the range. The zipper fell off then the stitching in several areas came loose.  Called them about the problem and said they would charge me half the cost of a new one plus shipping if I sent them the defective one back. No thanks, total cost would have been about what I paid for it in the first place. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Galati's are made in China............
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Galati's are made in China............
View Quote

No they are made in Korea (at least that is the tags on my Galati cases).

Blackhawk however is made in Vietnam.

The best (Eagle) is made in the USA.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I just received 4 Eagle cases from Mike at CS Gunworks and they are top notch!  I was also confused about which soft case to get, but now I know that I made the right decision. Give Mike a call and he will set you up with the Eagle cases at a good price.

Edited for a brainfart
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top