Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:11:00 PM EDT
I'm considering a e mod stock; I find the magpul stocks are a bit too short for me. The extra bit of length on the e mods would be welcome.  Does the emod or vltor stocks in general require the vltor receiver extension? if not, what's the point of it?  Also, what are the pros and cons of a e mod vs. magpul?  Are the e mod stocks better suited for rifle lengths? Do they balance well with 16" barreled m4's?  Do the e mods significantly increase weapon length with stock collapsed?  Advantages of the e mod vs. the mod stock?  I've read the product descriptions, but am looking for user feedback.  Thanks in advance?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The Vltor receiver extension is a standard mil-spec 5 position extension. If you buy the kit use their extension. If your lower has a mil-spec extension don't.

They're quality and have a cool logo on the end... but don't do anything a Stag Arms, Colt, etc. extension does.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Vltor receiver extension is a standard mil-spec 5 position extension. If you buy the kit use their extension. If your lower has a mil-spec extension don't.

They're quality and have a cool logo on the end... but don't do anything a Stag Arms, Colt, etc. extension does.

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
All of the telescoping tubes have the same adjustment range.  If you make a stock longer by using a thicker buttplate, it will be that much longer when collapsed as well.

There exists a thick (1"-1 1/4") extended rubber buttplate for the old style CAR stocks which would give you a pretty long stock when extended, although I have no idea if they are currently available or where.  I used to run one as it made the stock the correct length for entry work (for me) when fully collapsed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top