Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 3:55:26 PM EDT
I know, I know.....not another EOtech related sighting-in question. I thought about what is the best way to do this, and just ned some good experienced info and suggestions.

Here is my setup:
-RRA M4 LE Tactical Entry
-RRA 6 Position Stock
-Deiter CQD Vertical Grip
-3 Point tactical Sling
-ARMS#40 BUIS
-EOtech 512 A65

I removed the RRA Tactical Riser and mounted the EOtech directly onto the upper's rail, so I could co-witness and use a fold down BUIS.

I need to sight-in my EOtech. I will primarily shoot at distances under 50 yards, since this is my patrol carbine. What is the best to do this so that the EOtech is accurate at 10 yards out to 50 yards? Will my rifle shoot flat enough that I cant just sight-in at 50 yards and it will also be dead on at 10 yards? Or vise versa?

The A65 basically has a center dot surrounded by a ring. I assume this ring is just for added shooting /sighting help and doesnt fuction as a tool. I just need to know how to sight this rifle in so that I can shoot at 10 yards and be dead on and also shoot at 50 yards and also be dead on, if all possible.

Thanks for any and all info.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet is to zero at 50 yards.  At close distances (contact to around 25 yards) you'll need to adjust for the sight offset by an inch or so for head shots.  It becomes automatic with practice.

If you zero at a really close range (like 12 yards) the zero is 'dead on', but you have to start adjusting low for longer ranges, and at really close ranges (say 6 yards) you'lll still need to compensate the 1" high for a head shot.

With a 50 yard zero you only have to remember to shoot high 1" or so till around 25 yards.  Once the man is smaller (width wise) than the circle the dot is pretty much dead on.

Do you see what I'm getting at?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Forest,
Thanks for the input. So I guess I will just zero in the EOtech really good at 50 yards.

When you said, "At close distances (contact to around 25 yards) you'll need to adjust for the sight offset by an inch or so for head shots." I wonder If I would be able to just use the outside cricle/ring on the EOtech for this? I will just have to take it out the range and play around and see I guess.

Then are you saying at distances from 25 yards to 50 yards, I shouldnt have to compensate or adjust anything?........and the rifle shoot shoot flat enough so be dead on at 25 yards all the way to 50 yards?

Thanks again for any info.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My question is if you sight it in at 50 years how will it shoot at 100 yards and 200 yards ect.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]My question is if you sight it in at 50 years how will it shoot at 100 yards and 200 yards ect.[/b]

You'll be about 1.5" high at both 100 and 200 yards. The arc will peak at about 2.0" at 150 yards.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My question is if you sight it in at 50 years how will it shoot at 100 yards and 200 yards ect.
View Quote

With a 16" barrel zeroed at the above 50 yard IBZ, your M193 will be as stated above 1.5" high at 100 yards, DEAD-ON at the 200 yard mark and about 2-3" low at 300 yards, (depended on which M193 choice made, ie. SA, LC or Q3131A)

At 400 yards using Q3131A outta my rifles I'm 8-10" low, so a round aimed at the head falls 'bout where ya want it to be, mid-chest.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top