Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:58:58 AM EDT
The little piece of paper included with my new 512 said to install the knurled weaver bolt, tighten until resistance is felt, then rotate another 3/4 turn with a nickle to fully tighten and this is suppose to be approx. 17 in/lbs. What does EOTech mean by 3/4 turn...270 degrees or 135 for some retarded reason? I'd ask EOTech but they NEVER answer their phones. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
270 degrees.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought, but I can barely get it 1/2 turn with a nickle so I used needle noses to get to 3/4, however the damn coin started to twist. I just want to mount it to EOTech's recommendation and this seems overkill, but if the hardware can take it and they'll stand behind it, then I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine wasn't that hard to get to 3/4 turn.

If it doesn't want to go, by all means, don't force it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
It didn't take much, it's just that the coin started to give before it was all the way there. That doesn't sound like 17 in/lbs to me...hahaha.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WIZZO

No means no...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

WIZZO

+1
with the +/- tolerence built into spec's not everyone will be able to achieve a full 3/4 turn.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe your "hand tighten" is more than most peoples'?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not 3/4 from hand tight, it's 3/4 from resistance and I'm not even turning a full 3/4 past that. In fact, the damn thing works itself to the rearward part of the rail slot from the force of sling shotting the CH.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top