Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:27:03 AM EDT
I've been looking for a lightweight, rugged optic for a light SBR build. EOTech's new MRDS looks like it might be perfect. Anyone tried one yet?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:08:05 AM EDT
I have used one in conjunction with other optics. I would be worried that things would get in the way of your LOS.  I don't know for sure but maybe the front buis would get in the way, any kind of thumb over top rail grip may get in the way.  I'm not sure what kind of mounts are available but I would be worried it sits too low.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:23:31 AM EDT
This is wierd...

L-3/Eotech is touting this product as theirs, for $650.msrp

Insight is touting this as their product, selling for $399 -$550 w/ variopus options.

WHo actually makes this?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:50:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
I have used one in conjunction with other optics. I would be worried that things would get in the way of your LOS.  I don't know for sure but maybe the front buis would get in the way, any kind of thumb over top rail grip may get in the way.  I'm not sure what kind of mounts are available but I would be worried it sits too low.

I'm sure it would need some sort of riser.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:53:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RunsWithScissors:
This is wierd...

L-3/Eotech is touting this product as theirs, for $650.msrp

Insight is touting this as their product, selling for $399 -$550 w/ variopus options.

WHo actually makes this?

Insight was the original manufacturer. L3/EOTech purchased Insight. That is my understanding but I don't have time to verify this at the moment.
Top Top