Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2015 6:54:28 PM EDT
Anyone have any details on this thing.  Its was leaked late last year.  Many online shops have already stubbed out pages and are waiting for its arrival.  Anyone have anything?

Here is a photo that OpticsPlanet already has up for it:

Here is a photo of the G33 for comparison:

You can see that the objective on the G45 is slightly larger and it is also slightly longer than the G33.  Aside from that, it looks pretty much the same.  I hope they officially announce it soon (why continue waiting to announce it at this point?).

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If it comes in tan I want it.

What benefits?  5x is almost twice as much as 3x, that's the way I see it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I meant what benefit is it to them to continue waiting to officially announce it.  Of course 5x is best x!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait for the NRA show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait for the NRA show.
View Quote

Really?!  They're gonna make us wait until May?

Ugh.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I meant what benefit is it to them to continue waiting to officially announce it.  Of course 5x is best x!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idk, but I've been contemplating buying a g33.  With the news of the 5x coming out this makes the decision that much harder...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Idk, but I've been contemplating buying a g33.  With the news of the 5x coming out this makes the decision that much harder...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, same here.

I guess my biggest question at this point regarding the G45 with its slightly larger objective lense, is if it will work well with the Aimpoint Micros like the G33 does.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like with any magnified optic that goes up from 3x-5x the FOV goes down.

Just find out if you want the extra mag or a bigger FOV. All though I am not certain the G45 will have a smaller FOV, but everything I know about scopes leads me to believe it will be smaller then the G33. It should weigh more as well.

I have a G33 and the FOV/glass is the same as the Vortex Viper PST 1-4 on 3x while also performing just as well in low light to my eyes.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
accofding to what my EoTech rep said at Shot, it has been delayed to sometime around September.  They didn't even have a sample at Shot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
accofding to what my EoTech rep said at Shot, it has been delayed to sometime around September.  They didn't even have a sample at Shot.
View Quote

Sheesh.  I wonder what the problem is?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks nice but for a RDS style sight I really like the FOV of the 3x and I think the amount of magnification makes it really nice for the distances in which it was intended.

That being said, if its really well done with good eye relief and no POI shift, they may have a really nice setup for the Eotech, but I think the G33 will work best still for those using aimpoints.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting although I think they need a better reticle for long range shooting, other than the one they have in the BDC models.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...but I think the G33 will work best still for those using aimpoints.
View Quote

I'm beginning to think the same thing.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top