Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 7:25:18 PM EDT
What does the resulting sight picture look like through the EOTech window?  Does the 65 MOA circle sit with the 6 o'clock hash mark on top of the front sight post?  Does it actually co-witness the 1 MOA dot right above the front sight post?  We're talking about an A2 carry handle model here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Proper co-witness would place the 1MOA dot on top of the front sight post (like an Aimpoint) with the 65MOA circle touching each side of the sight tower "wings".  Hope that's descriptive enough.  

Do a search and you'll find some pics of EOTech reticles properly co-witnessed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Proper co-witness would place the 1MOA dot on top of the front sight post (like an Aimpoint) with the 65MOA circle touching each side of the sight tower "wings".  Hope that's descriptive enough.  

Do a search and you'll find some pics of EOTech reticles properly co-witnessed.
View Quote

Right.  I understand that and I've seen the pics showing this.  My question is:  What will mounting a 551 on an M4 RAS do in concert with the A2 carry handle sights?  Will it give the proper co-witness or will it place the reticle higher in relation to the front sight post?

I'm looking for the EOTech reticle to sit slightly "higher" in the window than a true co-witness would allow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The 1MOA dot should rest right on top of the front iron tip.  the EOTech is design to sit perfectly with the upper receiver rail and the KAC hab=ndguard rail is on the same plain as the upper receiver rail.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
OK.  What spacer would let the 6 o'clock hash mark sit on top of the front sight post in lieu of the 1 MOA dot?  I just don't like how crowded the sight picture gets when it's co-witnessed with the EOTech.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
That is how the sight is designed, if you like a higher setup, youare probably better off getting the Aimpoint which has several different mounting solution which will position the iron in the lower third of the optic window.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Fair enough.

I swear I've seen some pics here of the front sight being below the 65 MOA circle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OK.  What spacer would let the 6 o'clock hash mark sit on top of the front sight post in lieu of the 1 MOA dot?  I just don't like how crowded the sight picture gets when it's co-witnessed with the EOTech.
View Quote

If you raised the EOTech sight higher than it's intended mounting position you wouldn't be able to look through your A2 iron sights and see your front sight.  This is the same problem EOTech owners have when mounting their sights on top of a SIR with a BUIS (on the receiver portion of the rifle).

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:44:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top