Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 2:47:44 PM EDT
I ordered an EO TECH 512.A65 . Will it co-witness my front sight when mounted on an RRA A-4 FT upper ?
I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]

I ordered an EO TECH 512.A65 . Will it co-witness my front sight when mounted on an RRA A-4 FT upper ?

If this will co-witness mounting right on the rail then what is the advantage or purpose of say a Larue mount?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
1) Quick detatch with no tools

2) EOtechs from the factory put the irons about center of the window, not leaving you a whole lot of room to use the dot in an unobtructed area of the window.  The Larue will raise it very slightly to put the irons in the lower 1/3rd leaving the upper 2/3rds totally unobstructed and happy.

Tex78
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#4]
EOTechs cowitness, but they are low. You might prefer a riser.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I sure hope so.

It will co-witness provided you have a BUIS on the flat top as well

As far as a riser goes, I recomend that you try the EOTech mounted directly to the flat top before you buy a riser or QR mount. You might like the way the center 1 MOA dot sits on top of the front sight post. I like it very much. The transition time from optic to BUIS is nill. My cheak weld never changes from optics to irons. YMMV and you can always pick up a QR mount later on. In the mean time, more money for ammo.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
EOTechs cowitness, but they are low. You might prefer a riser.

Any riser - other than the LaRue mount will put the EOTech too high to cowitness.

That's one of the things that makes the LaRue mount so special.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top