Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:26:47 AM EDT
quick question, will the 552 work on the ARMS 19 throw lever mount?

thanks, cory
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i bit high i believe.

look into the larue or rra dominator mounts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, so nothing from arms thats low enough? i dont care if it lines up or not with sights, i jsut want a good cheek weld, so not WAY high, like the 54, or whatnot, the front, and rear sights are flip ups, and will be kept down, until needed, if needed.

cory
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
so how far would the arms 19 raise the EOTECH? does the #63 mount raise it less? the #63 claims it isa .75" rise.

anything else that will put it a litle higher, than the larue mount, or the RRA dominator mount?

cory
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked into this when I used an EO Tech and the #19 won't work on the EO Tech. You won't be able to close the throw levers as they will hit the side of the optic. The #19, if it worked, would only raise the optic about .25", 1/3 less than the #63.

Not to be nosey but I'm curious why you can't get a good cheekweld with the EO Tech mount directly on the rail or on of the EO Tech specific mounts? Please understanding I'm not slamming you. Everyone's has a slightly different bone structure in their face so where your cheek has to be on the stock to get a good cheekweld will slightly differ from person to person. What kind of stock and rifle do you have and what are you doing with the rifle the optic is going on?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the best cheekweld would be directly to the flattop

need a bit more? check out the larue tacticl mount or rra dominator.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
its not the cheekweld i ned to raise it for, but i want it a good ammount above the front sight, it annoys me, when the front sight it RIGHT UNDER my dot. but i dont want to raise it TOO TOO high, ecuase i dont want to hurt cheek weld too much.

cory
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
learn to ingnore or use the irons or get flip sights.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
its not the cheekweld i ned to raise it for, but i want it a good ammount above the front sight, it annoys me, when the front sight it RIGHT UNDER my dot. but i dont want to raise it TOO TOO high, ecuase i dont want to hurt cheek weld too much.

Then your best option is to get a folding front sight from either YHM or from PRI. There are dealers on these boards that sell and, if needed, install these products. Raising the optic more than a .25" of so is your worst options.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top