Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 6:58:10 AM EDT
I called my dealer today about the Docter Sight. He told me that he does not sell them anymore because of several durability problems. He decided to stop selling them because of poor response from Docter and the fact that he did not have the impression that they did anything to improve the situation. I must remark though that he refered to situations where it was mounted on a pistol.
Does anyone have a similar experience? I hoped to buy a Docter Sight and use it on both my AR and 1911.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been using Docters for a few years now and haven't had a problem but I have not put one on a slide of a centerfire pistol.
I only use them on suppressed pistols and SMG's.
The Tasco Optima's did have problems.  I personally have never seen a messed up Docter but I do know that some of the EARLY Docter's did have some problems.  There are 3 generations of Docter's the 1st gens had problems when subjected to the recoil of putting them on a slide.  I don't know if the 2nd gens fixed that but I do know for sure that the 3rd gens did.  
I had a first gen and had no problems.  I sold it since it was a 3.5 MOA and wanted a 7.  I now have (3) 7 MOA Docters.
[url]http://www.c3junkie.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top