Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:22:51 PM EDT
I am buying a RRA Entry Tactical.  Can I feed it either .223 or 5.56?  I was just browsing through model1sales and saw they had barrels chambered for either .223 or 5.56.  I guess that got me wondering if there was some hardware alterations that needed to be done in order to shoot one ammo or the other.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
the chamber is slightly different

google ammo oracle and read up
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The RRA is a "wylde" chamber so it will feed both the Rem .223 and the NATO 5.56 loads equally as well..... As far as I knew.
edited for a stupid spelling mistake
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the help.  I didn't read anywhere about this "wilde" chamber.  I'll have to search that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the model that you are talking about.  I got mine from the factory it DOES NOT have a Wyde chamber only certain models do.  Check their web site www.rockriverarms.com.  The markings on mine cal 5.56mm on the lower.  Based on this it will either shoot 5.56 or .223.  IF I am wrong somebody correct me.

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]
My mistake, The SS barrels are the ones with the wylde chamber and the Entry Tactical as well as all the chrome moly barrels are chambered for .223/5.56.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top