Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT

Can anyone tell me the the outside dimensions of a typical Ar-15 stripped lower receiver (length x height x width)  as I want to buy a milling machine do build an 80 percent lower. Obviously if I had an Ar-15 in front of me I could just measure it myself, but of course I don't, not right at hand ...

Thanks,
Zeme
Alaska
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine looks to be about:

7 3/4" long
4" high
1 1/2" wide

These are very rough measurements, my lower has a grip on it so the height was measured as best I could.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
i have blue prints for them email is  [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Look in main site "menu" bar for the button labeled "information"

There are blueprints there.

FWIW, you can do a 0% lower on a Grizzly Mini-Mill (the $495 one) if you have a lot of patience for doing setup.  Of course, that means that the Grizzly Mini-Mill is also suitable for 80% lowers as far a size goes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top