Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 11:40:27 PM EDT
I placed an order from Lagger-Pro on the 22nd and havent even got a shipping notice or backorder notice yet.

I placed an order from Tactical Warehouse on the 26th and was notified the item I wanted is out of stoick for 2-3 weeks.

I checked surefires website and found out their shipping department is closed until Jan 5th! for "inventory" which I think means "taking a long Christmas and New Years break"

The one and ONLY company I have placed an order with recently, who had the product in stock and shipped timely was Electrolumens.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:50:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:59:56 AM EDT
Everybody runs their inventory down at year end for several reasons:

1.  So that they have less work to do counting the remaining inventory, &,

2.  So that management can show the shareholders that they don't have a lot of money tied up in inventory, &,

3.  So that management can show shareholders that they are turning over inventory quickly, i.e., annual sales dollars divided by the year end inventory dollars = turns per year.  This is just a function of # 2.  Both are games that can be, and are, abused by management.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:53:08 PM EDT
The biggest reason that companies run their inventories down at the end of the year is that they have to pay taxes on it.
Top Top