Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 8/20/2006 7:25:20 PM EDT
In my previous post on looking for a Scocom mag block it was sugested to use Hahns mag block from Brownels? My question is will this work for a 40 cal and what mags would work Sten?? I believe OLY uses Uzi mags for their 40cal . will these work for this mag block?? Can you use 40cal in sten mags?? I had a Ruger which used the sam mag for 9mm and 40 cal? So I am just wondering anyone tried this sten to 40cal??
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:37:01 PM EDT
The 40 cal will run out of the stens with the Socom mag block. May need a little lip mod to get it to feed right but its been done. The hahn block works with Colt/ modified uzi mags. Dont know about the 40s in a Colt mag. Im sure someone out there does. Ron
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:49:07 PM EDT
never done it personally, but i have read the 40cal works in stens after bending the feedlips and followers
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:57:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2006 3:10:37 PM EDT by brushdog]

Originally Posted By 5card:
In my previous post on looking for a Scocom mag block it was sugested to use Hahns mag block from Brownels? My question is will this work for a 40 cal and what mags would work Sten?? I believe OLY uses Uzi mags for their 40cal . will these work for this mag block?? Can you use 40cal in sten mags?? I had a Ruger which used the sam mag for 9mm and 40 cal? So I am just wondering anyone tried this sten to 40cal??
Thanks

Yes, I use a Sten mag to run my .40. You have to tweak the magazines to get them to run smoothly. I run an SNS block and it doesn't need as much modification because it uses a feed ramp, unlike the Hahn, Socom, KKF block.

You should start by testing them as-is, sometimes they run just fine without modifying them. I trimmed off about 5-6 coils off of the springs and it makes it so much easier to load and it seems to feed better. Open up the feed lips with some pliers, but just a little so that the round sits higher, but doesn't pop out. With the springs cut, I can load 18-20 rounds in them, but they feed a lot better at 16 rounds. I use mostly JHP, so it was a bit of a trial and error to get them to feed reliably. Buy a Sten Mag loader, it will make your life easier.

You can grind down on the front of the magazine if the rounds are getting hung up. Picture below:

The follower can be modifed to better load/feed, but I've found that it really doesn't help too much.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:00:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2006 11:00:44 AM EDT by brushdog]
A picture of my Forty:

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:32:10 AM EDT
Where can I get more information about a .40 conversion? Bolts, barrels, the SNS block mentioned? This looks even cooler than a 9mm (for which I have a serious Jones right now).
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:27:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GHPorter:
Where can I get more information about a .40 conversion? Bolts, barrels, the SNS block mentioned? This looks even cooler than a 9mm (for which I have a serious Jones right now).

Here is the link to SNS Ind, the block is at the bottom of the page:
www.snsindustries.com/page4.html

The complete upper is made by Oly. Right now they're the only ones making a .40, but RRA is supposed to be working on one. Link to ARCHIVED thread.

Top Top