Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 4:57:50 AM EDT
Like it said, I'm trying to remember who made the A1 (style) flash hider that was a little bit longer to accommodate bringing a 14.5" barrel out to 16" when it was permanently attached? Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:03:39 AM EDT
[#2]
ADCO makes their own extended A1, A2 and comps now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a standard length flash hider and a jam nut from CNC. John Thomas did the work, adding a crush washer to get to 16". I can post a pic when I get home tonight, looks great, nice work by JT.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's some pics:

I like the  jam nut + A1 hider too.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=578053
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
VTLOR makes one too
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's some pics:

View Quote

+1 on the Jam Nut and A1 FH!

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used a standard length flash hider and a jam nut from CNC. John Thomas did the work, adding a crush washer to get to 16". I can post a pic when I get home tonight, looks great, nice work by JT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's some pics:

Is this the Jam Nut you guys used?  Jam Nut

And were there any issues getting the wrench flats of the jam nut to time with the flash hider?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And were there any issues getting the wrench flats of the jam nut to time with the flash hider?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's some pics:

Don't recall now where I got mine but that is what you need. Don't forget to drill, pin and weld because that 1.5 inches is the difference between peaceful firearm and deadly killing machine!

Don't believe me? Ask BATF!

I don't know if I got lucky or what but the flats lined up perfectly with each other but not perfectly at the 12:00/6:00 orientation. It's more like 11:00/5:00 but it don't hurt my feelings.

I guess if I were more anal retentive it might but I AM trying to replicate a USGI rifle and we all KNOW Uncle Sugar don't care about such things!

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't recall now where I got mine but that is what you need. Don't forget to drill, pin and weld because that 1.5 inches is the difference between peaceful firearm and deadly killing machine!

I don't know if I got lucky or what but the flats lined up perfectly with each other but not perfectly at the 12:00/6:00 orientation. It's more like 11:00/5:00 but it don't hurt my feelings.

I guess if I were more anal retentive it might but I AM trying to replicate a USGI rifle and we all KNOW Uncle Sugar don't care about such things!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's some pics:

Good to know. Yeah, I don't care about the 12:00 / 6:00 thing myself. I've gotten pretty passable with silver solder and a shotgun project lately so that's probably the route I'll go, since I've got everything here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Jam nut behind an A2 permanently attached by JT.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 on JT - he has done 2 for me.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top