Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2008 2:11:11 PM EDT
that has M4 feed ramps, Govt. profile, & a Mid-Length gas system? Preferably in a 1/7 twist rate. I originally thought CMMG did, but I either overlooked it on their website or they don't make it.

Oh yeah, & it has to have a regular A2 sight base, not F marked, cause I would be using it on a A2 receiver.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?

I have been doing some searching & a lot of the search results lead back here to ARFCOM, which go to the current pages when opened, instead of the search result titles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
CMMG
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Adco

ETA:  Doesn't meet all your requirements but it has to be a good dissy if it's made by Adco
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Adco bbls are not .gov profile, but he could probably turn it down for ya.

If you want a chomed bbl you're gonna have to get a CMMG M10M and have it turned down.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
that has M4 feed ramps, Govt. profile, & a Mid-Length gas system? Preferably in a 1/7 twist rate. I originally thought CMMG did, but I either overlooked it on their website or they don't make it.

Oh yeah, & it has to have a regular A2 sight base, not F marked, cause I would be using it on a A2 receiver.

CMMG 16" M10M Barrel w/Mid-Length Gas System and select standard from sight in the drop down menu
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
M10 bbls are not government profile.  .840" diameter from the chamber to the CAR gas block postion.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
M10 bbls are not government profile.  .840" diameter from the chamber to the CAR gas block postion.

yeah but it's the closest thing he is gonna get to what he wants
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Instead of turning down the CMMG M10 barrel I sugget ordering the 16" govt mid barrel with a low profile gas block. Then just install a standard FSB in the rifle length position. Less work than getting a barrel turned.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Instead of turning down the CMMG M10 barrel I sugget ordering the 16" govt mid barrel with a low profile gas block. Then just install a standard FSB in the rifle length position. Less work than getting a barrel turned.

Is the bbl .750" where the FSB will be installed?  If its not a little bit of work turns into more work.

I would have already made my 9mm AR into a dissipator if the bbl was .750" where the FSB would attach.  Its about .719" according to my calipers.

And having the bbl turned isnt a whole lot of work.  Not on my end anyway, I'd just box it up and ship it to adco.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to work at a machine shop and a ferrule would be easy for your small barrel.  OD would be a slight interference fit or very tight slip with green loctite and the ID would be the .719.  You are in business.  If you want to make the 9mm a dissy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies guys. I may just end up using one of BM M4 style Dissapator barrels, carbine length & all.

I really would like to have the mid-length, but I do not want to put that much money into the barrel, with having to pay to get it turned down to the Govt. profile on top of the purchase price of the barrel itself.

My only problem would be that my upper receiver is a Colt M4A2 receiver, dark gray not black, & I thought it'd be different have a Dissapator in the XM gray instead of black, like every other one I see. Maybe I'll just sell it & buy a regular A2 receiver & spray it with Norrell's. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again for your help.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I used to work at a machine shop and a ferrule would be easy for your small barrel.  OD would be a slight interference fit or very tight slip with green loctite and the ID would be the .719.  You are in business.  If you want to make the 9mm a dissy.

I've already got a plan.  I need an A1 FSB and a 23/32 reamer or drill to bore it out.

Truth be told, the biggest reason I havent done it yet is because I keep forgetting to order the A1 FSB when I get gun stuff, and I cant find a 23/32 drill locally.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies guys. I may just end up using one of BM M4 style Dissapator barrels, carbine length & all.

I really would like to have the mid-length, but I do not want to put that much money into the barrel, with having to pay to get it turned down to the Govt. profile on top of the purchase price of the barrel itself.

My only problem would be that my upper receiver is a Colt M4A2 receiver, dark gray not black, & I thought it'd be different have a Dissapator in the XM gray instead of black, like every other one I see. Maybe I'll just sell it & buy a regular A2 receiver & spray it with Norrell's. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again for your help.

Is it a 16" M4 bbl?  If so, you may want to get ahold of some calipers and measure the bbl where the FSB would be for a rifle.  On my CMMG is about

I havent done a lot of checking, but I have checked a few 16" M4 bbls and they were .750 where the FSB would be, so it would be as simple as installing another sight and HG cap, and cutting the original FSB down.  And getting a new set of HGs, duh.  That would be the cheapest way out.

But to be fair, I think they were BM M4 bbls...
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is it a 16" M4 bbl?  

Just the upper receiver, no barrel.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#16]
This is exactly what I want.

I have one of the M10M uppers (mid-length gas, rifle length sights).  It is by far my favorite rifle to shoot.  I absolutely love it.

Only problem is, its too f-ing heavy.  So I have been debating right now whether or not to make my next build the mid-length light weight from CMMG.

I only have vision in my right eye due to an injury.  This means that irons are best for me (to maximize my FOV).  Almost all of my rifles are A2's.  The longer sight radius and the fact that the front-sight post takes up less of my FOV with rifle lengths sights really makes all the difference.

I love my 6920 but quite frankly the carbine length sight radius SUCKS!.  I'm afraid to jump on the middy (even though I honestly like how they look better then both the dissy and carbine with 16 inch barrels), because i will have the same problem with short sight radius causing the front-sight post to take up more of my FOV then I would like.

I really wish I could find a complete upper - lightweight dissy (preferably with mid-length gas, though that is secondary) with M-4 feed-ramps, MP tested quality bolt, 4150 steel, chrome bore and chamber, F-FSB, etc.  Unfortunately it appears that there are currently none to be had.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top