Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 10:24:28 AM EDT
Do you need a FFL license to order the Bushmaster ?......Pistol or can you order it directly from Bushmaster ? If not do you need a special license to order it through your local Dist. ??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
You will need to either order it yourself and have it transferred through a local FFL or order it directly from your local FFL.  Doing it the first way will cost you the price of the gun plus any associated transfer fees your FFL may charge.  Doing it the latter way will cost you whatever your FFL charges you for the Bushmaster.  

Usually it is easier and cheaper to order it online yourself and have it sent to your FFL for the transfer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
They only guns that you can order and have shipped straight to your door without a license that I know ofare CMP rifles, and you need to meet certain criteria before you can order...  (Got my first Garand this way a few months ago )
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You will need to either order it yourself and have it transferred through a local FFL or order it directly from your local FFL.  Doing it the first way will cost you the price of the gun plus any associated transfer fees your FFL may charge.  Doing it the latter way will cost you whatever your FFL charges you for the Bushmaster.  

Usually it is easier and cheaper to order it online yourself and have it sent to your FFL for the transfer.

I called Bushmaster a few weeks ago and was told that they will not do that.  I asked if I could order a weapon and have it shipped to my local dealer.  They said no, that it would have to be ordered by my dealer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I called Bushmaster a few weeks ago and was told that they will not do that.  I asked if I could order a weapon and have it shipped to my local dealer.  They said no, that it would have to be ordered by my dealer.

I stand corrected.  I have never ordered direct from the manufacturer because I feel like it is not as efficient as ordering from a dealer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't order directly from any manufacturer, even if they'll let you; you'll pay full price plus you cut your dealer out of the loop, only to have to pay him a transfer fee when you have to cut him back into the loop to transfer the piece to you. If you like your local dealer, why cut him out of the loop? Let your dealer order it for you, and 1) he makes money, 2) you'll get a better price - pretty much the same thing mentioned in one of the posts above - plus you may not have to pay a transfer fee (my dealer does not charge a fee when you buy from him)!

I recently ordered a RRA; if I had ordered from them straight off the 'net or over the phone it would have cost over $1K all told; my dealer ordered it and my total plus tax is just under $900 - just an example to show sometimes it's better to go through your favorite local dealer...

You also asked if you need a special license of something to order from a distributor...no, but distributors typically distribute only to specific businesses they have agreed to do business with, not individuals - Are you thinking you'll come out ahead somehow by using avenues that are either 1) more expensive or 2) not available to you; or are you trying to get around filling out a 4473 for some reason?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of that dirty-dog trick before.  Makes you want to the first guy who pulled it, that's for sure.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top