Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 6:35:27 AM EST
Hi Folks. just how clean do you get your bore? Using Hoppe's, I can run patchs for hours and still do not get white ones afterwards. My AR is a RR National Match wit h 20" SS barrel. I have also tired Hoppe's bench rest and Outers Foaming bore cleaner with the sam results.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:27:24 AM EST

Don't get too hung up on a 'white' patch... Alternate CLP and a dry patch 6 to 8 patches max or a few passes with a BoreSnake...

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:03:33 AM EST
I stop with a little bit of black on the rear of the patch, I figure this comes from the bore (ar-15) or FS (M1A).
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:44:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By hueyflyer:
Hi Folks. just how clean do you get your bore? Using Hoppe's, I can run patchs for hours and still do not get white ones afterwards. My AR is a RR National Match wit h 20" SS barrel. I have also tired Hoppe's bench rest and Outers Foaming bore cleaner with the sam results.

I felt the same way too. This was when I cleaned my rifle for the first time after shooting about 250 rounds through it. After the tenth patch I said, "good enough!" and continued cleaning the rest of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:25:02 AM EST
Four or five patches through it and then a lite CLP patch and Im done. Don't over clean. Why? It will be dirty again after the first round is fired. Hoppes and Brush it a few times and clean patch it 4 times and then CLP lightly. Done. All that extra scrubbing really ain't getting you no where. Just killing time... Cheers WarDawg
Top Top