Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 7:35:27 AM EDT
Hi Folks.   just how clean do you get your bore?   Using Hoppe's, I can run patchs for hours and still do not get white ones afterwards.  My AR is a RR National Match wit h  20" SS barrel.  I have also tired Hoppe's bench rest and  Outers Foaming bore cleaner with the sam results.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Don't get too hung up on a 'white' patch... Alternate CLP and a dry patch 6 to 8 patches max or a few passes with a BoreSnake...

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I stop with a little bit of black on the rear of the patch, I figure this comes from the bore (ar-15) or FS (M1A).
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi Folks.   just how clean do you get your bore?   Using Hoppe's, I can run patchs for hours and still do not get white ones afterwards.  My AR is a RR National Match wit h  20" SS barrel.  I have also tired Hoppe's bench rest and  Outers Foaming bore cleaner with the sam results.

I felt the same way too.  This was when I cleaned my rifle for the first time after shooting about 250 rounds through it.  After the tenth patch I said, "good enough!" and continued cleaning the rest of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Four or five patches through it and then a lite CLP patch and Im done. Don't over clean. Why? It will be dirty again after the first round is fired.  Hoppes and Brush it a few times and clean patch it 4 times and then CLP lightly. Done. All that extra scrubbing really ain't getting you no where. Just killing time... Cheers WarDawg
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top