Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:34:04 AM EDT
I have a bushnell holosight, but I keep seeing the eotechs everywhere, whats the diffrence in them if there is any????
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Did a little digging and found some info, so they are the made by the same company, oh well, its nice to answer your own question everynow and then..  Thanks to me...
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The Holosight is Eotech's entry-level model. EoTech sells more models which have nice features, such as an armored hood, night vision, and different battery options.

People prefer EoTech principally due to the armored hood, which provides lots of ruggedness for not much more than the plain Holosight. Check out the EoTech models at [url=http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/eotech/index.html]SWFA[/url].
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Eo Techs are built MILITARY TOUGH and can stand up to about any abuse you'll be throwing at it. The protective hood is a very nice feature, IMHO. All of their models are built to last!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Well a little late now, I got my holo alomst 2 years ago, I had never seen anything like it, and had to have it right then and there, so I dropped my 275 and took her home, Im happy,
Anyone know a good way to mount her, I had it mounted to a handguard mini rail, but it would move with the guards, now I have it on a #39, but it wont co-witness on there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have throw levers on mine so I can ditch it in a hurry...

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p52f501623185a62e298f48521e5a7dca/fb596823.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Darn it!  Why can't the current HWS have cool throw levers like that?!
Better yet, just ONE lever.....perhaps like an ARMS lever!

Edited to correct punctuation because I am anal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the EOTech hood can be ordered and placed on the HOLOsight?

Also, is there a throw lever available for the EOTech/HOLOsight?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not according to EOTech.  But you can order a larger knurled knob screw instead of the allen head one that comes with the HoloSight.

Also, is there a throw lever available for the EOTech/HOLOsight?
View Quote

ARMS makes the #54 for it but most people don't like how high it sits.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know a good way to mount her, I had it mounted to a handguard mini rail, but it would move with the guards, now I have it on a #39, but it wont co-witness on there.
View Quote

Not sure, but I think the mount/height is same as eotech, so straight to the flattop or a Bennie Cooley carry handle mount should do the trick. There is also a non adjustable carry handle mount (ithink #4cam something) that cowitnesses.  search for c4igrant or swfa and ask them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
[i]
Quoted:
View Quote
[/i]

I was wondering the same thing. The Bushnell HOLOsight 500 manual (1st Gen) states that an armored hood can be purchased separately and mounted by using a special mount. Where this elusive special mount comes from, I don’t know (never seen one). Maybe they decided not to sell the mount or hood separately until after the manuals had been printed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one of those 1st gen "hoods" and I don't care for it at all.
It blocked part of my vision, and it was ugly as hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#12]
So the Bushnell HOLOsight 2 and the EOTech 502 are the same then?

That's what I had been thinking.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top