Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 12:07:31 PM EDT
I remember a while back seeing a Titanium lower but can not recall the company? First off im thinking of making a exotic kind of AR15 but don know where to start.....Do any of you know of company's who make ar parts in other materials?uppers lowers ETC. I was thinking a 458 socom w/a titanium lower could be a real piece of work...Or mabye just for some thing different ,money is not a object here so let me know of the best places to shop for custom or exotic ar stuff..

oh also i remember some one here posting a pic of a all silver ar if your out there and read this let me know where you got your stuff.....i vaugly remember it had a nuclear stamp or milled image on the side ....

spentshellz
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Olympic Arms sells a titanium lower for only $375.00
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
thats who it was .....does any one here have one of these? are they any good?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
[url=dpmsinc.com/10Browse.asp]DPMS[/url]  has a couple different stainless steel lowers.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
nobody has thought of doing this? humm i guess every one is content with there good ol aluminum black rifles... Well actually thats all i curently own....oh well i guess..

spent
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Long time ago.. Colt made a few in "Coltguard" which was a bead blasted electroless nickel. I have never seen one in person, only in pics. Ill tell you what.. That thing looked REALLY different. Kinda like when you go to buy a tie, either love it or hate it immediatley. Anyway, your project sounds pretty cool.. Post some pics when you get it done!......      John
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
hey im from nebraska originally... Grand Island
yea im actually working on a 458 trade right now. Dont know if it will go through though..
and yes ive seen pics of those colts "not quite the NEW AGE look im going for though "they looked a little weird kind of a dull silver..
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I know that you are looking for some kind of metal receiver, but for something different, look at Cavalry arms - one-piece plastic receiver/buttstock/grip in a variety of colors.  IMHO, it is probably the most original concept and also one of the most functional.

edited cuz spellin' wuz bad[:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Tannery Shop has 80% aluminum/bronze lowers also.  They used to offer beryllium/copper also.  If they had aluminum/bronze uppers I think that would be kick ass to have a bronze AR with wood furniture (maybe even with brass tacks)....kinda of a high-tech Henry rifle.  [@:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top