Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 1:03:25 AM EDT
What benefits and comfort differences are there btw. the old 4pos and new 6pos ribbed collapsible stocks?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:52:37 AM EDT
The way I look at it the stock is eather all the way open or all the way closed, If you are a big guy you may wont to go with the 6 it is a little longer
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 5:44:36 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]
there are function differences and cosmetic differences.

6pos m4

old

oh and the differences is that one has six different lenght settings and the other only has four
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:02:37 AM EDT
Anyone know if the two stocks are interchangeable to the buffer tube? I mean, can I put the new corrogated/fluted style stock on an old 4 pos. buffer tube? I don't need 6 positions, but I was thinking about one of those green furniture kits on EE. Just
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:38:20 AM EDT
one is carbine and the waffle pattern one is M4
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:34:15 AM EDT
You should be able to just swap out the stock, and leave everything else the same.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:47:13 AM EDT
The early M-4s came with the old style
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:15:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 11:16:08 AM EDT by Forest]

Originally Posted By jwv3:
Anyone know if the two stocks are interchangeable to the buffer tube? I mean, can I put the new corrogated/fluted style stock on an old 4 pos. buffer tube?

Yes you can. Providing you get stocks for the same buffer tube.

Colt, LMT and Vltor use the military diameter (which is a bit smaller than the commercial diameter). So if you have have a Colt 4 position, you want to find a Colt Waffle Pattern/M4 unit and not a commercial copy (like CavArms or RRA). If your's is a Colt contact SAW Sales.

If you have a RRA/Bushmaster/Oly/DPMS 4 position then you can just buy a new sliding stock part. Cav Arms makes a good one that will slide onto your reciever extension.

but I was thinking about one of those green furniture kits on EE. Just

Cav Arms makes the old & new style stock only in Green so if you prefer the smaller/slighlty lighter old style then check with one of their vendors.

However the new M4 style has a larger buttplate making for more comfortable usage. There is even a sling swivel if you prefer to use the GI carry strap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:08:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

Colt, LMT and Vltor use the military diameter (which is a bit smaller than the commercial diameter). So if you have have a Colt 4 position, you want to find a Colt Waffle Pattern/M4 unit and not a commercial copy (like CavArms or RRA). If your's is a Colt contact SAW Sales.

Also note that LMT makes a M4 waffle stock for the milspec tubes as well and for much, much less than what SAW charges for their factory Colt stock.
Top Top