Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/11/2003 6:51:37 AM EST
Difference besides the obvious difference in shape, I mean.

I have a pre-ban Colt Sporter that has the triangular handguard ring, with round handguards. I also have a Cav Arms rifle that has a round handguard ring with round handguards.

So, what's the difference?
I plan on building a few uppers in the near future, and I'd like to know which handguard rings to use.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:06:16 AM EST
Unless your planning on using A1, triangle, handguards, use the round front cap.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:31:18 PM EST
The round handguards were specifally designed to work with both triangular and round end caps. Was it me, I'd put a triangle end piece on it, simply because the day may come when you want to try out a set of the old type HGs. With the triangle cap you can go either way. With the round cap you can't[:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:03:07 PM EST
Thanks for the responses fellas. I think I'll go with triangular handguard rings. Who knows, maybe I'll build up an A1 just like the one I carried in Beirut. Wihout the full auto capability, of course ;-) JoeLad
Top Top