Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 9:16:41 AM EDT
I haven't mounted it yet.  Yesterday I bought a used Weaver 2-10x38 Made in Japan scope for $100 from the gun shop.

Anyone have any idea of what model scope this might be.  I'm hoping I didn't get screwed.  I checked the prices on current model Weaver Scopes and even their airgun scopes were $100+ so I'm hoping I bought quality.

Eventually I will mount this to my A3 flattop upper.  I bought rings for it already (Millet Medium) but I just read something on here yesterday and I might buy some Warne mounts and go that route instead.  I'd like to be able to take the scope off and re-attach it and still hold zero, but I don't know how realistic that hope is.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one of those scopes and I think it is a good scope.  $100 is a pretty good price.  I like the B-Square mount...it is one piece and easily removed and remounted.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey N_Viejo, I just answered your IM about this subject. There are two issues with mounting a scope to an AR15. The first one is height. Generally you need extra high rings to achieve the proper cheek weld. The second is being able to mount the scope forward enough. Here is a pic of a scope mounted over the HG's:
View Quote

See, now this confuses me...when I was in the gun shop, they had a few scoped A3s on hand.  I thought the extra high mount gave a shitty cheekweld.  The "high" was about right, but still a little too high.  They didn't have any mediums mounted for me to try, but I bought the medium anyways, because it was lower than the "high" which was a bit too high.  These were all Millet rings, I believe.

This is a pain in the ass...trying to make a decision like this without actually trying it out.  What's your return policy like C4iGrant?

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I put my Aetec in the ARMS #22 high rings...absolutely perfect for me on the #38 as pictured here.  Zeroed fine, even though it seems kinda high over the bore.  

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/188491/modular1.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top