Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2010 2:44:03 PM EDT
It seems I'm going thru the "cutting my teeth" phase in building my .22 dedicated upper. I tried to install a set of magpul handguards and used the handguard removal tool to remove the tac-sol m4 handguards and replaced them with the magpul.  I noticed that the delta ring didn't have any "spring" to it when I tried to clamp the ring over the rear magpul handguard tabs and then I looked closer and it looks like some sort of spring wire is slightly outside of it now on the carry handle side. Did I break something or is this an easy fix?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a snap ring that is behind the spring  that fits inside the delta ring cap, you might have popped that out of the groove it sits in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
What Gunner said.  The slip ring probably came out of it's slot.  The Tac Sol doesn't use a gas tube.  You can spin that ring (looks like a big e-clip) so the little pliers holes are to one side of the receiver.  Use a set of slip ring pliers (local auto store for a few bucks) and snap it back in.  Once it's back in you can spin it back so the gap/holes are not visible from the side.  This will take care of the spring/tension problem.

You can do it with the hand guards on or off.  Off is easier, but if it's a looser slip ring it might pop back off when you use the hand guard tool.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the insights. Now, just to confirm; I don't need to remove anything from the barrel to get the slip ring back in place. I just need the pliers to place the slip ring in place? I guess I need to find a video online that shows how this is done ...Man, I've got so much to learn!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top