Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:21:45 PM EDT
Anyone know anything about these guys? Quality? Experience? Thoughts?

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/category_index.asp

ETA:
First question answered........

2nd question: Other than Palmetto State, what would you recommend on the cheap but yet reliable?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just say no. Seriously. Google reviews and do a search here.
View Quote
This.
Dont forget to search archives.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
They ripped me off, don't take the chance.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you guys.......... Its people like you why we have nice things!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have bought a few small parts from them a couple of times with no problems, but that said, I don't recommend them as they have a piss poor reputation through out the industry under a few different business names and a lot of people have had a lot of problems with them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have bought a few small parts from them a couple of times with no problems, but that said, I don't recommend them as they have a piss poor reputation through out the industry under a few different business names and a lot of people have had a lot of problems with them.
View Quote
What were their prior names? Do you know off hand?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about these guys? Quality? Experience? Thoughts?

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/category_index.asp

ETA:
First question answered........

2nd question: Other than Palmetto State, what would you recommend on the cheap but yet reliable?
View Quote
What parts are you specifically looking for? A lot of trusted vendors carry the same stuff as PSA since you mentioned them by name.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I have bought from them.  The parts were cheap and looked it.

The worst was a shockwave brace that was a Chinese knockoff.  That pissed me off.

Edit: add link to my previous thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/delta-team-tactical/2-486213/
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What parts are you specifically looking for? A lot of trusted vendors carry the same stuff as PSA since you mentioned them by name.
View Quote
Mainly, Barrels, Lower build kits or Lower parts kits, and BCGs
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are a lot sponsors on this website that sell that stuff and for the most part all of them are decent quality parts, look at PSA, most of there stuff is pretty good, I have a lot of their parts and no complaints.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I took a chance and got a 223 wylde kit for an awesome price during a sale - no issues. I also got a Glock parts kit for cheap- no issues

However, from the responses here, it may have been an exception.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There are a lot sponsors on this website that sell that stuff and for the most part all of them are decent quality parts, look at PSA, most of there stuff is pretty good, I have a lot of their parts and no complaints.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, just about every vendor listed on the industry page carries those parts and definitely does well by arf members. Cheers
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
PSA
Delton
Andro Corp
Right To Bear
DsArms
Granite Ridge
WC Armory
Monmouth Reloading
JSE Surplus

And of course,  the EE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PSA
Delton
Andro Corp
Right To Bear
DsArms
Granite Ridge
WC Armory
Monmouth Reloading
JSE Surplus

And of course,  the EE.
Ok Tig is just showing off haha.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I get it sir, I have nothing against PSA I buy ALOT from them, just looking to change vendors up a bit. This is not my first rodeo as I am not new here (not looking to start a fight) just looking at different options since this place is a wealth of knowledge and someone always has something to add. Pretty much what I am asking is OTHER than PSA, what reliable stuff are you guys using......... That's all.

ETA: And Tig shows me up as I wrote that! Thanks TIG
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I get it sir, I have nothing against PSA I buy ALOT from them, just looking to change vendors up a bit. This is not my first rodeo as I am not new here (not looking to start a fight) just looking at different options since this place is a wealth of knowledge and someone always has something to add. Pretty much what I am asking is OTHER than PSA, what reliable stuff are you guys using......... That's all.

ETA: And Tig shows me up as I wrote that! Thanks TIG
View Quote
Another vendor I buy a lot from is The Right to Bear Arms, they are a good vendor and sell a lot of great parts, I have got a lot of my lowers from them as well as a whole bunch of other parts, always reasonable and always very quick shipping.

No fight from me at all, I have built over 30 rifles in the last couple of years and those two companies have been the main companies I buy parts from for my personal stuff, as a FFL 7, if I want to buy at lower prices, I have order a lot of stuff from my wholesale companies and I don't want to stock stuff because most of what my partner and I do as far as manufacturing is for suppressors for the LEO and Military customers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I have read the stories and had my doubts. But DTT had an inexpensive Davidson Defense 7" free float handguard I wanted for a pistol project.

It was $50, with a very simple looking and clean design. Just what I wanted for a 9mm pistol build. It arrived within a week and was a very nice and well made handguard for the price. I was pleased because I did not want to put much money into this build and this was perfect.

It was on par or better than the basic free float tubes that come on Palmetto AR uppers, or the inexpensive tubes from Chandler Hardwoods.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Another vendor I buy a lot from is The Right to Bear Arms, they are a good vendor and sell a lot of great parts, I have got a lot of my lowers from them as well as a whole bunch of other parts, always reasonable and always very quick shipping.

No fight from me at all, I have built over 30 rifles in the last couple of years and those two companies have been the main companies I buy parts from for my personal stuff, as a FFL 7, if I want to buy at lower prices, I have order a lot of stuff from my wholesale companies and I don't want to stock stuff because most of what my partner and I do as far as manufacturing is for suppressors for the LEO and Military customers.
View Quote
Good deal and Thank you for the input sir I will take a hard look at them..... Palmetto is great and all, but with ALOT people hitting me up to "help" them with their builds....... Just looking to spread the love to other companies that are of reputable quality and site sponsors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A turd even if it’s an EPIC turd is STILL a turd.

At that price it has to be Chinese, I have a friend who is purchasing aluminum free float Rail Handguards direct from China in lots of 100 for under $10.00 each delivered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have read the stories and had my doubts. But DTT had an inexpensive Davidson Defense 7" free float handguard I wanted for a pistol project.

It was $50, with a very simple looking and clean design. Just what I wanted for a 9mm pistol build. It arrived within a week and was a very nice and well made handguard for the price. I was pleased because I did not want to put much money into this build and this was perfect.
Hanguards
It was on par or better than the basic free float tubes that come on Palmetto AR uppers, or the inexpensive tubes from Chandler Hardwoods.
A turd even if it’s an EPIC turd is STILL a turd.

At that price it has to be Chinese, I have a friend who is purchasing aluminum free float Rail Handguards direct from China in lots of 100 for under $10.00 each delivered.
What can I say? I bought the handguard, and it is just as well finished as other budget handguards. I actually like it for what it is. It was advertised as being USA made, and I hope that was accurate. I really can't see having any issues with it. The machining on it was just fine. The threads and screws were all properly done, and the screws threaded in smoothly, not like real crap that I have seen before. Really, the fit and finish is about equal to the ALG basic handguards I've installed. It's for a fun, budget build, and for that it works fine.

I am pretty skeptical of most budget items, and am not advocating going this route generally, but this particular simple tube works. Considering all the actual precise machining needed to make an AR bolt, or an upper or lower, I really can't see the price of many simple aftermarket parts like handguards being justified. Charging handles and handguards routinely cost as much as quality lowers, bolts, and barrels.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I got an email and bought an upper receiver and matching rail for pretty cheap.  Largely used leftover parts for the rest.  I think it came out pretty nice.  It actually mates perfectly with a Mag Tactical lower (top gun) but I have not switched over that lower yet.  Bottom gun is the DTT upper and rail, color match not perfect.  Both pictured weigh 5#10 oz.

Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got an email and bought an upper receiver and matching rail for pretty cheap.  Largely used leftover parts for the rest.  I think it came out pretty nice.  It actually mates perfectly with a Mag Tactical lower (top gun) but I have not switched over that lower yet.  Bottom gun is the DTT upper and rail, color match not perfect.  Both pictured weigh 5#10 oz.

https://s20.postimg.cc/6cfxd31x9/A894_A6_B6-3832-4_E9_C-8_DD9-04_D094_FABF06.jpg
View Quote
I believe I would have to agree with you
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 1:39:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I swapped a few things around.  Mag Tactical lower with DTT upper and rail.  I still need to swap triggers but need to check function.  Only lost 2oz on one, gained 3 on the other.

Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#31]
JoeBobOutfitters
Damage Industries

Both are GTG
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top