Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 3:07:24 PM EDT
It looks as most prefer the club foot stock is this true. what is the difference aside from obvious apperance?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The club foot comes into its own when you have the barrel supported by either a bi-pod or a barricade and you can use your off hand on the club for added stability.  

Good idea on a precision gun.  I dont think it adds THAT much on a high speed carbine.

Ive got the standard.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
... use your off hand on the club for added stability.  

View Quote

Now, is that really the club, or the foot portion [;)]

Lumpy nailed it with his description.  While it may not add anything on a HS carbine, it probably does not have any drawbacks.  It could be a little more versatile if you but an extra precision upper at some point, so why not?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not sure what you mean by High Spead Carbine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im not sure what you mean by High Spead Carbine.
View Quote

High Speed, meaning quick room clearing, CQB action. The clubfoot is used more for Bench Rest or Prone position shooting. The Clubfoot Carbine Modstock would be the ideal stock for the SPR type weapon.

ls
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the Standard carbine stock. Is that the only difference is the bench rest?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Lumpy is right, but the clubfoot also does not detract from a highspeed carbine.  If anything you have the clubfoot for precision shots when you're able to use it.

I also look at the clubfoot and see more mounting holes for any new add-ons Vltor will come out with.  So, it may be able to take future upgrades that the standard carbine stock can't.

Plus it's a good place for my "Peace Through Superior Firepower" pin![:D]

[img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/C5/C4/22687173-c4c4-02000180-.jpg[/img]

Either way you can't lose with the Vltor!

[img]http://a5.cpimg.com/image/6B/A8/22686315-effd-02000180-.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice set up. Look alot like what Im trying to do. although Im going with the KAC RAS, Ill find out if thats a good Idea here tomorrow when it comes in. Is that the battel grip?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Just to clarify, I dont think there are any negatives to having one on a CQB carbine, in fact, they may be slightly less likely to snag on slings or load bearing gear than a standard stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just to clarify, I dont think there are any negatives to having one on a CQB carbine, in fact, they may be slightly less likely to snag on slings or load bearing gear than a standard stock.
View Quote

I agree with the Lumpster. The Clubfoot has advantages, such as minimum snag possibilities. Plus, it's harder to accidentally bump the locking paddle during operations.

ls
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
The major disadvantage to the club foot in my opinion is the fact that it is butt fukin ugly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The major disadvantage to the club foot in my opinion is the fact that it is butt fukin ugly.
View Quote

You think the Clubfoot stock is ugly? You'd prefer RoBoCops leg for a stock. Now that's [i]butt fukin ugly![/i]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Better to look like Robo Cop than the Hunch Back of Notre Dame. LOL! [;)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I prefer to think of it as the hockey stick look [:D]

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice set up. Look alot like what Im trying to do. although Im going with the KAC RAS, Ill find out if thats a good Idea here tomorrow when it comes in. Is that the battel grip?
View Quote

Thanks!  Yes, that is the Battle Grip.  It holds extra batteries for my EOTech and the Vltor will hold the extra batteries for the Surefire weapon light I'll be ordering next week!

BTW, I think both the Vltors and MSS stock look ugly.  It's all about the function and options for me.  If I wanted looks I'd just stick to a M1 Garand with a nice laminated wood stock. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got the VLTOR A1 length clubfoot on one of my 16" rifles...I love it.  I shoot from the bench a lot, and that design sits great in the rear bag...better even than the regular old A2 stock.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you everyone for your replies, pics and thoughts. It is much appreiciated. Will someone please delete this post I forget how
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top