Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2019 8:51:27 PM EDT
Saw some deals on davidson defense anyone heard of them? Are they good to go?
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a 7.5 pistol upper. Seems  to be goid so far for pruce. Nothing loose  finish was perfect
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just my observation over the past 2-3 years. Some say they're gtg but higher numbers warn against them.

Davidson Defense Reviews
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
When I lived Utah they had an store in Orem. Quality is on par with Palmetto in fact talking to some of workers they were buying from Palmetto and re-selling some things.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered twice and so far so good. Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
No, they're not. They have a long history of extremely shady business practices, some might go so far as to say fraud. They operate under at least three different names:

Davidson Defense
Delta Team Tactical
Omega Manufacturing

If you're looking for shitty parts from a shitty company, then I suppose they're GTG for that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
My experience with DD was good. They had a pistol upper kit that included a handguard I wanted to use on a carbine build. The price of the kit was less than handguard alone elsewhere, so I bought it.

It took a little longer than most to get the order, but when it came, all was good. I haven't used the barrel or the upper receiver yet so I can't give feedback on those, just they look good without any visual defects.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered some stripped uppers, charging handles and upper parts kits from them a couple years ago.

They were slow to ship, sent a partial order with no explanation. After several emails I received the rest of order.

Charging handles marked made in China and I suspect the upper parts were also made in china.

Did not feel ripped off but would not use them again
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#8]
They have been GTG for 3 to 4 years for me!  And I don't care how many company names they sell under or over as long as I get the parts I pay for! Lol

A+ so far for me and my buddy's that have used them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I did my undergrad at UVU (in Orem, UT) and Davidson is out of there.  I checked them out once and wasn't impressed but wasn't like insulted either.

Later had a friend start showing interest in guns.  I tried to push him towards PSA hard but he wanted to be able to see in person before he bought.  Moron bought from Davidsons and sure enough, almost everythign on his POS was out of spec.  After our first shooting trip together, I stopped inviting him cuz I was sure his weapon would blow up.  Retard was running reloads in his franken-trash-gun that I think he also bought at Davidsons.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Right before Christmas I was looking to build a budget AR in 7.62x39 and found that Davidson defense have the cheapest kit I could find.  After reading a lot of negative reviews (a few positive) on Davidson Defense on here and other forums I found most of them were complaining about the long shipping time and lack of customer service.   Since I wasn’t in a hurry I decided to take a chance.

To my surprise I got a shipping notification after around 2 weeks ( was expecting 4-6 weeks).   I ordered the parts unassembled as a lot of the complaints were about shoddy assembly.
Everything looked good and I assembled the parts without any issues.  After firing a few rounds for a function check I’m overall very pleased with what I received.    I’m still waiting on optics so I haven’t tested for accuracy yet.  All in all I would order from them again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't risk it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Before I knew better I ordered a barrel from them, two different times because they were the only ones to have one in stock, a 7.0” 5.56 barrel.

The second time I also ordered what looked to be a good deal on a NiB bcg.

BCG was all wonky, and it took multiple emails and FB pleas to get a refund. Also both times my credit card was compromised shortly after ordering from them.

Beware.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
They sell garbage, bottom of the barrel crap from everything I’ve seen (most likely Chinese in origin) with more than enough people reporting they’re impossible to get ahold of and parts take forever to ship.

I’m sure some people got some functioning products from Blackthorne/Hesse/Vulcan back in the day, too.  Doesn’t make it a good idea.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top