Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:53:11 PM EDT
Can anyone point me in the direction of some detailed instructions on how to install a Daniel Defense FF handguard? Pics would be great.

I want to install the DD 12.0 on this gun. I am going to run the low profile gas block under the DD.
Will the PRI SPR gas block work for this application?

The ARMS #38 is coming off.

Thanks in advance for all the useful information.

Mike

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I searched for the same info and this is the best there was...  YHM Free Float

I am also interested in some DD installation instructions...  

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:13:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The PRI gas block will work, but be sure to do something about the exposed bare metal where you removed the FSB which will be exposed.

OK cool, thanks for the tip.

Do you think it would be better to cut my FSB and use that instead of the PRI? Or is that even possible?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
That exposed metal isn't the end of the world.  I changed the FSB on my Bushy and that metal has been exposed for years now with no rust whatsoever.

ETA:
It just dawned on me that you will be covering it up with that rail and won't have any access to it.  Probably will want to take care of it before you can never get to it again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ETA:
It just dawned on me that you will be covering it up with that rail and won't have any access to it.  Probably will want to take care of it before you can never get to it again.

If there's no front sight assy in the way, the DD is easily removable.  I've got some bare metal under my DD right now (I'm using the PRI block as well) that I'll be bluing in a few days.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think it would be better to cut my FSB and use that instead of the PRI? Or is that even possible?

Not worth tht trouble to cut the FSB IMO.

But technically it will work/fit?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not worth tht trouble to cut the FSB IMO.

But technically it will work/fit?

I wouldn't think it'd be much trouble at all.  Take a dremel to it and you should have it chopped off in no time.

As to whether or not it woudl fit, I have no idea.  Does the DD screw on?  If so you'd need to find the minimum clearence of the DD around the barrel and then measure to where you'd cut the FSB.  I'm not familiar enough with the DD to know the answer.  Maybe call them?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can anyone point me in the direction of some detailed instructions on how to install a Daniel Defense FF handguard? Pics would be great.

Here is a thread a did a while back on installing the DD forearms:
Installing the DD 7.0
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone for the help, I got the info I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top